PROGRAM INFORMATION --CDC Chronic Disease Prevention
Department of Health and Human Services/Centers for Disease Control
Ruth Mansmith MS, RN, is a national speaker to the public of all ages and offering a more comprehensive approach to health, wellness and disease prevention. Ruth Mansmith, author of The Fit for Life Wellness (FFLW) program was honored to receive the ICAA Industry Innovators Award presented by the International Council on Active Aging. This award recognizes excellence and creativity in the health and wellness field. “Recognition such as this indicates that we are on the right track.” States Ruth Mansmith, program developer.
“Receiving this award will help us raise awareness about the importance of promoting healthy lifestyle choices.”
Six Areas of Wellness
The Fit for Life Wellness program is framed around the six areas of wellness:
physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual and vocational.
What’s included in the FFLW program:
- A team approach allows each department to be active in the program’s planning and implementation.
- Six components of wellness (physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual and vocational) to underpin the program’s foundation.
- Chronic disease prevention in a user-friendly format based on the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion findings.
- User’s Guide educates and enables participants to record their disease prevention program including immunization record and medications.
- Measurable-outcome tools provide that provide monthly status of both efficacy and participation.
- Trans-theoretical stages-of-change model designed to increase participation and measure individual success.
RUTH MANSMITH MS, RN. CRRN, RAC-CT
ICAA International Industry Innovator